Digital Video Converter

aitch2 17:24 12 Nov 07

I have several vidoes that i would like to put on DVD. I can do it via pinnacle8/9 but it takes quite a while. Have seen advertised the Plextor PX-AV200U in this months PCA mag. Anyone have any thoughts as to how good/ simple to use and worth the money? It would seem to do all I want it to do, but any comments appreciated,
Thanks
Aitch

jack 19:57 12 Nov 07

VCR tape to to PC to Disc is a long winded process.
I have discovered [as others I am sur]e that VCR to PVR[Hard drive DVD Recorder] HDD thence to DVD a doddle- albeit - no editing -straight copies only.
Assuming you have such or a friend with one of course,

jack 19:57 12 Nov 07

VCR tape to to PC to Disc is a long winded process.
I have discovered [as others I am sur]e that VCR to PVR[Hard drive DVD Recorder] HDD thence to DVD a doddle- albeit - no editing -straight copies only.
Assuming you have such or a friend with one of course,

aitch2 18:08 13 Nov 07

Thanks for the info, but essentially would want to re-edit the old tapes before putting them onto DVD. With my shift work I do getv the time so the long windedness I could probably put up with if I can achive a re-edit first. Unfortunately none of my friends have the PVR yet.
Thanks
Aitch

David4637 15:37 19 Nov 07

Some DVD Recorders (Panosonic)have a basic editor after you have ripped the video to the PVR. I don't think it would be as good an editor as using Studio. David

aitch2 19:17 19 Nov 07

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to drop a few hints now that Xmas is coming so perhaps luck will be with me!
Aitch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5