Digital Video Converter

aitch2 17:24 12 Nov 07

I have several vidoes that i would like to put on DVD. I can do it via pinnacle8/9 but it takes quite a while. Have seen advertised the Plextor PX-AV200U in this months PCA mag. Anyone have any thoughts as to how good/ simple to use and worth the money? It would seem to do all I want it to do, but any comments appreciated,
Thanks
Aitch

jack 19:57 12 Nov 07

VCR tape to to PC to Disc is a long winded process.
I have discovered [as others I am sur]e that VCR to PVR[Hard drive DVD Recorder] HDD thence to DVD a doddle- albeit - no editing -straight copies only.
Assuming you have such or a friend with one of course,

jack 19:57 12 Nov 07

VCR tape to to PC to Disc is a long winded process.
I have discovered [as others I am sur]e that VCR to PVR[Hard drive DVD Recorder] HDD thence to DVD a doddle- albeit - no editing -straight copies only.
Assuming you have such or a friend with one of course,

aitch2 18:08 13 Nov 07

Thanks for the info, but essentially would want to re-edit the old tapes before putting them onto DVD. With my shift work I do getv the time so the long windedness I could probably put up with if I can achive a re-edit first. Unfortunately none of my friends have the PVR yet.
Thanks
Aitch

David4637 15:37 19 Nov 07

Some DVD Recorders (Panosonic)have a basic editor after you have ripped the video to the PVR. I don't think it would be as good an editor as using Studio. David

aitch2 19:17 19 Nov 07

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to drop a few hints now that Xmas is coming so perhaps luck will be with me!
Aitch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…