Digital TV setup

jay-pee 21:35 03 Jan 09

Hi, I am thinking of buying a new TV, probably either a 42"/46"/50" Panosonic with Freesat. I have a Panosonic DMR-EH50 DVD Recorder which I hope to connect to this new TV. Will I be able to record all the Digital and freesat programs or do I need to get a new digital DVD recorder with/without Freesat/view? Similar question relating to a Panosonic NV-HD636 VCR which I also have. Finally I also have a Panosonic DVD Home Theatre Sound System SA-HT75, could I set this up alongside either the DMR-EH50( or a new digital DVD recorder should I not be able to use th DMR-EH50). Sorry if this seems a silly or long question but all of these appliances are not that old and it seems a waste with the enforced changeover coming to this area in April 2009. Many thanks.

Stuartli 22:22 03 Jan 09

There's no reason why you can't continue to use your recorder with a Freesat TV but, obviously, you won't be able to record in high definition.

There's only one model at the moment that's capable of this feature, the Humax FOXSAT-HVR (there is/will be a rebadged Bush model of the Humax).

The VCR will probably need to be used with one of its satellite channels such as L1 or L2, but will need an analogue input (you could, for instance, link it up to a Freeview set top box).

jay-pee 19:20 04 Jan 09

Hi Stuartli, Many thanks for your input. Sorry to show my ignorance but could you elaborate on the set up for the VCR. Also could I still use the surround sound home theatre? Would I need scart leads for all these and what order would I need to set them up. Many thanks

Stuartli 23:08 04 Jan 09
  Stuartli 13:57 09 Jan 09

If you think you've got problems linking up various bits of equipment, you may think yourself lucky you are not trying to do so with, for instance, a Denon AVR-1909..:-)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5