Digital Tuner's

Cesar 09:09 02 Dec 06

More and More TV's are now being sold Digital Ready, but they only contain one Tuner does this stop you watching one digital channel whilst another is being recorded.

Kate B 12:33 02 Dec 06

Yes, you need two tuners to watch one channel and record another.

boots2 14:35 02 Dec 06

The recording device needs a dvb turner as well.
Two dvb tuners in a television would alow you to watch to stations on the same screen other wise one is all you need.

Pamy 15:43 02 Dec 06

Cesar, the other DVB tuner neads to be in your recorder

Kate B 17:18 02 Dec 06

I don't think that's true. In my early days of digital television I had my ancient VCR set up to record the digital output: it was tuned to the digital channel; the digibox had a timer that you could set.

Al94 18:49 02 Dec 06

You're right Kate B

boots2 20:28 02 Dec 06

You are wrong Kate B on your old system with a digibox could be recorded by the VCR on its anolog output as you sujest but you would then have to watch the TV on an anilog chanel.

Cesar 08:51 03 Dec 06

Thanks to all for your quick replies.

Stuartli 16:13 03 Dec 06

If you have an analogue television or video recorder and use a Freeview set top box, the box receives the digital signal and then converts it back to analogue.

Otherwise you would not be able to watch it...:-)

It's also the reason for the slight delay between a terrestial transmission display and that from a set top box.

Transmitting in digital means that more channels can be distributed in a given bandwidth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…