Digital Schmigital. Don't Want Sky

simpo067 23:06 02 Jan 07

Does anyone know where I can get info on the timescales for upgrading transmitters (in east anglia) for the provision of Freeview. I'm aware of the standard websites that tell me 2011 is the switchover for this region, but how do I find info on local upgrade plans. I surely don't have to wait till 2011 for a service that I already pay a licence fee for. Any help appreciated as I don't want to pay SKY, but I think waiting four more ears for this particular half arsed goverment scheme to kick in is a touch extreme.

sean-278262 23:20 02 Jan 07

The details are correct that is your transmitter they dont have a village by village list. Think of the upgrade as more of an NHS waitinglist . It may take a while to get through but it will eventually. Have you considered free satelite. We have it here. Plenty of digital channels, cost about £120 for 100 free channels.

simpo067 10:47 03 Jan 07

I've considered the free satellite idea but ran into a brick wall in terms of recording programs (unless I have a sky plus box) As far as I'm aware with Freeview you can use a twin tuner PVR like the Humax to watch and record seperate channels but I don't think this is possible with an input from a satellite tuner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now