digital radio in cars

flyingbrit 04:03 13 Feb 08

Hi all....long time,
Here's a question I cannot seem to find the answer to...when the digital changeover occurs (ie. for us 2011) does it only apply to television channels, or is it radio as well? If it is for radio will everyone need to have a digital tuner in their car? (funny the questions you think of when you're working nights...lol)
John

flyingbrit 04:31 13 Feb 08

shut up you nob

flyingbrit 04:47 13 Feb 08

oooopppsss....sorry about that, didn't log off, and some "superstar" here (who can't spell) thought he was funny!
John

interzone55 09:26 13 Feb 08

To answer your first question - the digital switch over is TV only at the moment.

Radio will continue on FM for some time as there seems to be debate over which digital audio service will win out, DAB or DAB Plus, then again we could switch over to satellite radio like in the US.

I hope DAB doesn't die any time soon as I have 3 DAB radios in the house and I like BBC 6

laurie53 10:46 13 Feb 08

I like "theJazz" but that's about to go!

"Oneword" is also worth a listen.

amonra 14:41 13 Feb 08

I thought they had killed off Oneword ?
I haven't logged on lately so I'm in the dark, but I'm sure I read recently that some of the digital progs were going to be axed "for the benefit of listeners " !!!

flyingbrit 16:38 13 Feb 08

Thankyou all.....I'll tick this resolved.
John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…