Digital photo and video software

Novice22 12:29 17 Jul 06

Hi all,

I need your help. I have a digital camera and camcorder, and now wish to create slideshow DVDs of my still images with music, tansitions, menus etc. I also want to edit and create DVD movies from my camcorder.

I have been researching software that I may be able to use but need some guidance and advice. I do not wish to use Pinnacle as I have heard about people having problems with that. The programs I am considering are: Ulead Videostudio 10 Plus, Roxio Photosuite 8 & Videowave, and Photodex Proshow Gold.

Ideally I want a package which I can use for both still images and movies. I think the Photodex is only for still images (correct ?) but is meant to be very good (I think).

As for the Ulead program, I do not know whether it can be used for still images.

And as for Roxio - that seems like two programs and I am not sure whether the Roxio Photosuite can add audio.

If any one can help I would really appreciate it. If you can recommend any of these packages (or another one) then that would also help me.

Thank you.

fazer 13:05 17 Jul 06

I am apparently one of the few individuals who have never had a problem with Pinnacle; I have found it ideal although the interface isn't that intuitive.

My recommendation is therefore Pinnacle - see if you can trial it first.

Pamy 13:33 17 Jul 06

I would suggest you try "Photo Story 3". Free download from Microsoft.

wolfie3000 05:49 18 Jul 06

Ulead video studio handles all types of pictures Jpeg, bmp, tiff, gif, even ico i think,

It will do all you need.

Bren.ie 09:02 18 Jul 06

Pro show Gold is an excellent programme for producing slideshows from still images. It does have a vidio facility but I have not used this. It is easy to use and the results are very impressive. Details and a free trial download can be accessed at click here

De Marcus™ 09:18 18 Jul 06

OF all the programs you've mentioned, Ulead would be my first choice, also it's best suited to the tasks you wish to carry out.

You don't have to pay for Ulead to see if it will do what you want, for a fully operational 30 day trial click here

Novice22 17:47 19 Jul 06

Thank you all for your responses.

I have downloaded the trial version of Ulead Moviestudio 10 and also the ProShow Gold trial version.

Can anyone tell me how to maximise the resolution when using these programs because when I burn to disc and view it on my DVD player, the images don't appear as sharp. I think this is more the case when using the Ulead MovieStudio.

Thanks

GroupFC 21:26 19 Jul 06

Bookmarked!

silverous 12:03 20 Jul 06

I used Pinnacle lately to create a DVD of our Florida holiday with a nifty menu based on a Photoshopped collage with two options "Video" and "Photos". The Photos were accompanied by several tracks of CD music and at the end of either photo or video it returned to the menu which had its own music playing in the background. Really impressive stuff, Pinnacle has never been a problem for me - I've been using it for years. It is also relatively inexpensive - often coming free with firewire-equipped PCs from the likes of Mesh/Evesham.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…