Digital music for beginners

Iceman244 20:34 01 Jun 15

I am what would call many steps behind many others when it comes to modern technology and it I want to change that which is the reason for this post.

I have had a Samsung smartphone and tablet for about a year now but I do not get the benefit I should from them as I simply do not know how to use them that well at all.

I still have a CD collection and have wanted to make the jump into digital music for some time now but simply do not understand it.

The more I read online the more I am confused.

From how you transfer you CD’s onto your computer in such a way to keep the sound quality to where I purchase digital music and build a library I am just mystified.

Also how do I make sure that I don’t lose my music without the need for an external hard drive and what is a cloud?

So I would like to ask if someone could kindly point this middle aged technophobe in the direction of a step by step guide or course on changing over to the world of digital music for absolute newbies.

I presume I have posted this in the best forum for the subject?

Thank you in advance for your help on this.

Number six 00:12 02 Jun 15

More info required as to what exactly you want to do. Are you saying that you want to transfer your CD collection to your tablet? Not something I would personally recommend as sound quality is usually pretty awful, although may be acceptable through earphones. Storage space may also be limited on this type of device. Make/model of tablet?

Or do you have a PC or laptop which you want to use as a music source? A more sensible proposition, but again sound quality may be an issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced