digital interloper?

jack 08:16 16 Oct 07

Having acquired all the 90 plus channels available I edited them down to the 30 or so 'watchables'
Last night when having a 'cruise' I realized that at position 12 instead of UKTV history- An edition of Buzzcocks was in progress- moreover the station I/D top left was 'Dave'
Ditto this morning- position 12 - 'Dave' with a Clarkson Motoring show in progress.
Setting the box to acquire them all once more and position 12 is now indeed UKTV History - with Churchills Body Guard.

I have not yet the opportunity to find if 'Dave' occurs elsewhere.
How did it swap with UKTV anyway?

laurie53 09:46 16 Oct 07

Dave is a recently renamed channel, to make it "more friendly" (must be pretty desperate for viewers!).

I forget what the original title was, UKTV someting or other.

jack 10:31 16 Oct 07

Laurie
A re tune restored UKTV History to slot 12
The other UKTV channels such as UKTV Gold and UKTV Drama are paid for channels and not available on my box.
As an aside is UKTV - a BBC 'spin off'?
All it has is recycled BBC stuff- with adverts.

jack 19:34 16 Oct 07

Having looked at the re tuned channels UKTV History is restored to slot 12 and station DAVE is now in the twenties- have to keep an eye on it to see how it winds up.

Stuartli 19:58 16 Oct 07

From today, after 6pm, the Dave channel replaced UK History and UK Bright Ideas.

You should have had a software update to assign the Dave channel.

Stuartli 19:58 16 Oct 07

That's for Freeview - Dave is on for most of the day and night on cable and satellite channels.

Stuartli 19:59 16 Oct 07

It's a joint venture involving the BBC.

David4637 13:32 17 Oct 07

Dave is actually on Freeview channel 19, how it "erased" ch 12 History I don't know??? David

crosstrainer 13:41 17 Oct 07

The same to my kit...a re-tune put "Dave" back at 19.

jack 17:32 17 Oct 07

That seems be sorted -Dave 0n 19 UKH back to 12
Same old tat repeating repeatedly .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…