digital camera for beginner

sconedd 20:32 04 Jun 07

Can any of the forum recommend a digital camera that can be used by my wife, which must be easy for her to use. Budget of £100-150. All advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

hzhzhzhz 21:26 04 Jun 07

How about this click here

sconedd 23:45 04 Jun 07

hzhzhzhz, thanks for the response I will look at the spec. Anyone else with any suggestions?

hzhzhzhz 00:17 05 Jun 07
  amonra 17:24 05 Jun 07

Take your wife into Jessops (or similar) and ask advice from an assistant. Explain what you want and have a "play" with the different models. Another important thing, take the camera outside into the bright sunshine, some are totally useless in bright light. Just because I like brand X doesnt mean that it will suit your needs. Have a good look at ALL the models before you decide.

anchor 19:39 05 Jun 07

Here is a review of the Canon suggested by hzhzhzhz;

click here

I have a Canon, and just leaving it on "auto" will give you excellent pictures. This model also has a conventional viewfinder, which I consider invaluable. Budget for four NiMh rechargeable batteries; (very cheap).

click here

^wave^ 09:08 06 Jun 07

there are some really good cameras out there at he moment heres a good place for reviews
click here
and one of the cheapest places to buy is camerabox online very helpful there to good delivery as well

sconedd 14:27 06 Jun 07

Thank you all for the input and information. I will try Jessops and the reviews as my guideline. I know it was a lot to ask because of so many variations in opinions, but all the help was welcome. Thank you again, I will tick as resolved.

ICF 10:13 09 Jun 07
  Paulkay 23:00 29 Dec 07

Try Sony Cybershot W80 or W55 for great prices visit click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5