digital camera for beginner

sconedd 20:32 04 Jun 07

Can any of the forum recommend a digital camera that can be used by my wife, which must be easy for her to use. Budget of £100-150. All advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

hzhzhzhz 21:26 04 Jun 07

How about this click here

sconedd 23:45 04 Jun 07

hzhzhzhz, thanks for the response I will look at the spec. Anyone else with any suggestions?

hzhzhzhz 00:17 05 Jun 07
  amonra 17:24 05 Jun 07

Take your wife into Jessops (or similar) and ask advice from an assistant. Explain what you want and have a "play" with the different models. Another important thing, take the camera outside into the bright sunshine, some are totally useless in bright light. Just because I like brand X doesnt mean that it will suit your needs. Have a good look at ALL the models before you decide.

anchor 19:39 05 Jun 07

Here is a review of the Canon suggested by hzhzhzhz;

click here

I have a Canon, and just leaving it on "auto" will give you excellent pictures. This model also has a conventional viewfinder, which I consider invaluable. Budget for four NiMh rechargeable batteries; (very cheap).

click here

^wave^ 09:08 06 Jun 07

there are some really good cameras out there at he moment heres a good place for reviews
click here
and one of the cheapest places to buy is camerabox online very helpful there to good delivery as well

sconedd 14:27 06 Jun 07

Thank you all for the input and information. I will try Jessops and the reviews as my guideline. I know it was a lot to ask because of so many variations in opinions, but all the help was welcome. Thank you again, I will tick as resolved.

ICF 10:13 09 Jun 07
  Paulkay 23:00 29 Dec 07

Try Sony Cybershot W80 or W55 for great prices visit click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…