Digital Camcorders

Adz1310 16:06 25 Apr 06

Hi Guys,
Wonder if anyone can give me any advice? I am going to the states soon, and I know how much cheaper electronics are out there, so I was thinking about buying a digital camcorder, but havent got a clue about them. Anyone give me any advise about them. Dont really want to pay more than £300 for one.
Thanks

MichelleC 10:23 26 Apr 06

All I know is their dv format is not PAL like ours, it's NTSC, so might be a pain to convert tapes here.

anchor 16:59 26 Apr 06

Don`t forget you may get clobbered with duty and VAT if you plan returning to the UK with it.

If you do, also remember the US warranty may not be valid in this country.

pitbull66 20:39 28 May 06

If your tv is not ntsc compatible and you try to play your american digital camcorder thru it the signal will play in black & white or maybe not at all. Also bear in mind that if the camcorder has a mains charger then the voltage may be 110 volts not 240 so you may need a step down transformer.If you can resolve these problems then Nero reloaded can convert ntsc to pal.Remember that if you don't convert footage to pal before you burn to dvd then you may encounter tv incompatability problems as previously mentioned.
Hope this hasn't come too late.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…