digital camcorder which one

SurfMonkey _#:@} 14:35 06 Feb 06

I am looking to buy a new digital camcorder to make it easy for the transfer of film to pc to disc (DVD) with so many on the market i am looking for a good recomendation I am looking to spend only £300 no more what can I get for this amount.do they come with extras ie leads and software i have usb and firewire 1393 ports which is best to use.what is the best type i can get for £300 thanks

Forum Editor 00:22 07 Feb 06

that you want to transfer film to PC? If so, you're not going to do it with a camcorder.

If you mean that you want to transfer your video files to your computer and thence to DVD, and your budget is £300 I suggest that you take a look at this bargain click here

SurfMonkey _#:@} 01:07 07 Feb 06

I dont really know much about camcorders but i have a camcorder that records to tape i think its hi8 where if i want to tranfer video/film from the tape i have to use svideo lead and a seperate audio lead, with a very specail occassion for me comming up i would like to capture it and be able to burn to disc (DVD). its time to upgrade to something better for a better quallity picture and sound. but i have no idea what to look for all i know is i have a 1394 port on front of pc which i can use one lead to tranfer all i think the £300 is all i can afford and me being a tight ass would want the best that does all for my money if you get my drift.thanks

MichelleC 08:49 07 Feb 06

The camcord the FE suggests is good. It records in a mpeg2 format so you can transfer via usb and burn straight to dvd. I think you can also transfer via firewire. If your budget was more you could get a Sony dv camcord which records in avi and you could transfer all your old hi8 tapes via the camcord converter (some models).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…