Digi Camera WTD - £150-200

Ste Bla 20:05 11 Sep 06

Looking for a nice simple camera with atleast 4MP and 3 Optical Zoom. Needs to come with stabilization stuff so i dont get blur

Not sure what to get so any ideas?

Looked at:

Kodak C633 6.1mp 3op £140
Canon A530 5mp 4op £125ish
Canon A540 6mp 4op £160ish

Any surgestions wanted, cheers.

dagbladet 20:58 11 Sep 06

5 Meg
3x optical
Lumix DC Vario Lens
AA baterries
SD Card
Panasonic mega OIS (Stabalization stuff)
Reduced in Price now £99

click here

hzhzhzhz 20:51 12 Sep 06

looks like a good suggestion from dagbladet click here

Ste Bla 00:18 13 Sep 06

Went to have a look yesterday (tue) and there was 1 small problem the wife wants a optical viewer :( so that camera is nice but I'm not allowed :(

Stuartli 23:20 13 Sep 06

All these models (up to £200 only listed) have an optical viewfinder according to the search criteria:

click here

Ste Bla 12:12 15 Sep 06

No offence but anyone inc. me can use a search which i have and so have looked at the cameras in my first post.

I am looking for advice about the cameras, I did try jessops but they can only advise me on their cameras and they dont have a big range for under £150/200 so I thought I would try here

So any advice/personal guides/comments plz

Stuartli 12:18 15 Sep 06

Well to some extent I am offended - you wanted cameras with an optical viewfinder.

Any of the top brands such as Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Pentax, Panasonic, Minolta/Konica etc deliver superb cameras.

What is more important is to actually try out and handle the models that interest you and the results they produce.

No use picking a camera purely on specifications and then finding, after you bought it, that you aren't happy with it.

It's always been the philosophy with cameras and I go back over 56 years of involvement with photography, starting with an Ensign Fulvue...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…