digi Camera from a doubtful source

jack 18:07 26 Nov 07

Considering obtaining another smaller pocket diagram to humping the DSLR every where.
To day whilst prowling the high street I came across the local Cash Converters and in the window quite host of didicams of various make and shapes at what seems to be reasonable prices.
Hmm- considering that these places exist supposedly on what yer actual hard up punter brings in for a bit of cash- was it just fortuitous as we are nearing Christmas all this stuff just appears- or do they buy in from secret source of secondhand/recovered goods/or where?
what do you all think?

jack 20:35 26 Nov 07

Editied
I am Considering obtaining another smaller pocket digicam to stop humping the DSLR everywhere.

To day whilst prowling the high street I came across the local Cash Converters and in the window quite host of digicams of various make and shapes at what seems to be reasonable prices.
Hmm- considering that these places exist supposedly on what yer actual hard up punter brings in for a bit of cash- was it just fortuitous as we are nearing Christmas all this stuff just appears- or do they buy in from secret source of secondhand/recovered goods/or where?
what do you all think?

Computerdope 11:03 27 Nov 07

click here

Cant get much cheaper.

i'm not sure about cash converters, dont think they are that cheap, for old unwanted goods.

jack 12:20 27 Nov 07

'i'm not sure about cash converters, dont think they are that cheap, for old unwanted goods.'

I concur the rule of thumb for current secondhand should be-buy in for 1/3 and sell for 2/3
They seem to go beyond that in sales dont know their buy in rate though.
What I was getting at though is from time to time you see lines that are not 2ndhand 'buyins' but parcels of bankrupt/reclaimed stocks possibly - thus I was wondering about the said digicams - What would their source be?

Stuartli 13:58 27 Nov 07

I used to occasionally nip into the Preston branch of Cash Converters (I passed it at least twice a day) and every so often would pick up a genuine bargain.

One of them, a BT answerphone that had seen service elsewhere, is still performing splendidly at least 15-20 years after being purchased.

Obviously you will need to be careful what you buy, but I always found that the staff were very helpful.

lisa02 11:44 28 Nov 07

I haven't been in one in years.

A family member won a small games system, GBA SP, brand new,worth £80 and still sealed up. On the way home she went in out of curiosity and asked how much could she get?

The answer was £15, okay it only cost her 50p in a machine, but £15???

I think when she got home a friend or who ever took it off her hands for £50.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos