Digi box updates agh

Newuser2 22:03 10 Sep 08

My free view digi box checks for updates every nite at the same time, very annoying when I'm recording.
I've checked every menu to try to stop this but I can't find a way. Any ideas most appreciated

Stuartli 22:47 10 Sep 08

Are you sure it's for updates rather than EPG listings?

The latter is the more usual.

Newuser2 17:19 11 Sep 08

After the anger subsided I double checked and opps yes it is for the epg listings, sorry

crosstrainer 14:50 12 Sep 08

You should be able to disable it in your box's menu. My HD TV did checks for both in the wee small hours and it drove me nuts for a while, I drilled down through all the menus until I found the items and disabled both of them.

I check manually now, but to date have had no new software for the TV, and it's nearly a year old now.

Condom 16:50 12 Sep 08

My digibox tells me it finds new programme updates about every 2 weeks. It never says what new programs it has found and I can't say that I can see any additional ones when it has finished its 3 minute update.

Stuartli 17:24 12 Sep 08

it's not necessarily any new channels that are introduced as it can be channel renumbering or software upgrades.

Software updates can be two or three in a day on my particular TV (usually because the first and/or second update was incorrect) and then none for several weeks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5