Data usage. What counts towards it?

muddypaws 06:55 23 May 13
Answered

I have just got Samsung S3 mini on an Orange contract with one gig a month. Am I correct in thinking that anything I watch over my home wifi does not count. ie utube? What about over public wifi? Or does it only apply to 3g type data? Is it only d/loads? Thanks.

muddypaws 08:55 23 May 13

Think I have answered my own question by googling. Will resolve.

Woolwell 13:18 23 May 13

It is only 3G data. Download the Orange app and it will tell you how much you have used.

AroundAgain 00:04 24 May 13

You can monitor the usage of Data allowance on the S3 Mine is on Android version 4.1.2 on T-Mobile

Go to Settings (tap on cog or bottom left) Third down (on mine) is Data usage Tap in the box to turn Mobile Data on, if it was off Then you will get the option to Set mobile data limit Select what your limit is, and select at what level you would like a warning Then you can turn data off again if you so wish. You will also be able to see your usage, monthly usage etc, plus what apps have been using the data

If you are unsure as to whether you are using data allowance or your home wifi, then turn your Data off while you are at home, then you won't have a problem

Also, if I may, I suggest you visit this forum re Galaxy S3. Lots of valuable info available here and a lot of very knowledgeable folks re S3 (no offence intended to anyone) http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/

Hope this helps you

muddypaws 22:15 25 May 13
Answer

AroundAgain

Thanks.

Yes I have found those forums. I found that my usage was going up slightly for no apparent reason.

In settings>more settings>mobile networks>network mode there are three options.

Mine was set to auto which appears to mean that if no wifi available it will connect to G3.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5