Data transfer to PC - Samsung VP-D351i Camcorder

srinu_kv 09:06 26 Feb 06

Dear Advisor

I have bought Samsung VP-D351(i) low-budget Camcorder. I have made some recordings on Mini-DV tape. Now I want to transfer these recordings onto PC. Samsung has not supplied any data Cable along with the set

Kindly suggest me the following :

1) What cable I shoud buy
2) Any add-on card has to purchase
3) Any software needed to be loaded onto my PC

Also please tell me any information you may feel necessary for my data transfer to PC from the Camcorder.

Thanks
Srinivas
Muscat
srinu_kv@rediffmail.com

De Marcus™ 09:41 26 Feb 06

This camera can use firewire or USB. Your best off if your not familiar with these types of connections taking the camera to a pc store and asking a member of staff to check the socket on the cable you buy fits the camera and is standard usb or firewire at the other end. The reason I suggest this is because of the varying types of connection, for a start, with firewire your camera will most likely require a 4 to 6 pin cable, but without seeing it, wouldn't know. On the USB side of things there are also varying tyes of connectors, the most likely being a type A to mini-B cable.

Your pc will most likely already have USB so this would save you buying an Add-on card.

I'll leave others to advise on software, suffice to say that you should have got some with the camera if bought new.

Your manual can be found click here

skullfire 07:13 06 Aug 06

i have the same model Samsung VP-D351, and with this model from what i read, it is only used with firewire IEEE 1394 cable or something... are computers built in with this? if so how do i know >< and if its not how do i install one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now