Damaged Sony charger socket.

tristar 05 Dec 11

Hi, I accidentally damaged the socket for the charger lead of my Sony Experia X8. Is it possible to have this socket repaired, and could anyone give me an idea of the possible cost?

Alternatively, is there a way to charge a mobile phone's battery externally, so bypassing the socket?

TechBuddy 02 Feb 12

Hi sorry to hear about your charging socket problems. Not sure if you got your charger socket problem got resolved but my friend had similar problems with her Sony Experia X8 charger socket as well.

She lives in Bristol and whilst she was typing in Google mobile phone repairs Bristol she found a site called themobilephonerepairs.co.uk

They seem to offer a nationwide collection and delivery service for mobile phone repairs. She seem really happy with the quality of their smartphone repairs.

I need to get in contact with her regarding price but she got a quote over the phone by a engineer with 5 days or so.

Hope this was helpful.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message