DAB+

onionskin 23:15 22 Nov 09

If I buy a new DAB radio now, will it be useless when DAB+ comes in.

Quickbeam 09:12 23 Nov 09

click here
I'm not sure, but as I bought into DAB early, I won't be too disappointed. But if I was to buy equipment now, and it was obsolete next year, I'd be livid.

According to the link, it won't happen very soon though.

dms_05 13:44 23 Nov 09

It's hardly encouraging for a potential purchaser when the equipment he may buy might be obsolete (and sold knowing that fact) when DAB+ arrives. Luckily I can't receive any English language DAB where I live (in England) but can receive foreign language DAB instead. I can of course receive high quality FM broadcasts of all the stations I would like to receive but none in DAB. I don't even live in an isolated location.

onionskin 00:11 24 Nov 09

Yes, a useful link, thanks. I'll make sure my new radio is upgradeable. Having some stations on DAB and some on DAB+ seems like the worst of both worlds though, I might need two radios.
I thought they were looking to switch everyone over to digital radio in the next couple of years, wrong as usual.

I'll click resolved to keep things tidy.

onionskin 19:38 28 Nov 09

A radio with a DAB/DAB+ switch, like the old fashioned AM/FM switch, would seem to be the one to go for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009