Cubot Smart Phone. Any good?

alanrwood 10:05 13 Nov 14

I have a Moto G from last year but I get a very poor signal when at my caravan so wanted a dual sim model. I see that the 2014 version of the Moto G has this however it seems to have one sim that is 3G and the second is GPRS only which seems to me to be poor spec.

I have therefore been looking around and I see that there is a Cubot X6 which looks rather nice and has two 3G sim slots.

Has anyone any comments on this brand and/or this phone in particular as it is a Chinese one that I have previously never heard of although eBay seems to have loads of them with reasonable feedback.

wee eddie 11:52 13 Nov 14

Doesn't matter what your Phone is, if the signal is weak, the signal is weak.

However it maybe that one of the other Networks is able to offer a stronger signal where your Caravan is currently positioned

alanrwood 13:19 13 Nov 14

Hi

That is why I need a dual sim phone so I can use two networks on the same phone. Fed up of carrying two phones around.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 13 Nov 14

Just swap the sim in the Moto when at the caravan.

alanrwood 18:49 13 Nov 14

Hi FB

I could do but it gets a bit more complicated when the sims are on different plans and internet access rates. It vis just simpler to have a 2 sim phone.

rickf 10:23 15 Nov 14

For the money they are competent phones. Nothing exceptional. Got one for my son and it works well but the audio speakers are basic.

alanrwood 11:25 15 Nov 14

I am looking at the Cubot X6 but am getting conflicting information about the 2 sim slots. Some sellers say only one slot is 3G compatible others say both are. Does anyone know the answer from experience.

alanrwood 10:00 12 Jan 15

Finally went for a Blackview Crown just before Xmas and very pleased with it indeed. eBay normal price is £119 but I found an auction that no one else seemed to see and got it for £95 delivered free. It came with Android 4.4, a 16GB memory card, leather case which includes a small magnet which switches the display off automatically when closed and a UK charger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…