Creative Zen and Outlook Sync

SURVEY 17:12 14 Jun 07

My Vision M 60GB player is within the warranty period and I have tried phoning the Creative help (!) number a couple of times but just gave up after 15 minutes wait. This has cost me money and time - a very poor service indeed.

I cannot sync Outlook properly. The first time all went well. Since adding items to Outlook and re-syncing, many items (including those that had been previously synced OK) are not ansferred. I have tried deleting allcontacts and calendar and then re-syncing. The Contacts all re-sync but only some Calendar items for the present month and the next two seem to sync and none after that period. There are very many more. I have downloaded all latest software updates. Can anyone help?

SURVEY 19:04 15 Jun 07

bump. Can any Zen owners come up with a solution? Does the player only sync the remainder of a present month plus the two following?

exdragon 19:41 15 Jun 07

Have you tried emailing Creative support? I've got a Zen, but not your version and I don't know anything about synching, but I have always found Support to be extremely helpful - in fact, so persistent in trying to sort out my problem that it was a bit embarrassing. They also took my Zen back for a free repair when it was well out of warranty

SURVEY 19:49 15 Jun 07

exdragon - yes I have but they only suggested it may be a computer fault, which I am confident it is not. I have emailed them back and await their response. I have found in the past that those on the PCA forum have more knowledge than 'technicians' at so-called Customer Service centres and a much quicker response!!

SURVEY 12:20 17 Jun 07

Well, I managed to sort this myself. Looking through the sync details hidden away in the software, it appears that Creative cannot sync more than the next two months with Outlook! No wonder I could not get it to work any differently. However I am quite annoyed that the Creative 'help' could not tell me this - presumably they do not know how their own product works!! Could have saved me a lot of time and frustration!

AmazonZen 02:53 13 Feb 09

After a month of Creative Zen Outlook Sync working just peachy, the Outlook Sync shows that there are no new data to sync, yet on the unit there are no (not even the prior entries) calendar, task, or contacts entries.

Any suggestions?

Diodorus Siculus 23:58 17 Feb 09

Try a new thread; this is both old and ticked as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant