Creative Zen freezes when shutting down

hicky78 20:38 06 Sep 06

Can somebody please help??

I bought a creative zen some time ago and up until recently been really pleased until it started to freeze. After listening to music and I try and turn it off it displays the shutting down screen , but then freezes. The only way around this is to let the battery run it's self down and then recharge.

I have read all the information but with no help.

Does anybody know if this is a common fault and any way to stop this happening??

STREETWORK 21:22 06 Sep 06

This appears to be common fault/issue with this player. Call Creative and they will help you. They replaced my wireless mouse free of charge when it acted up and it was 3 years old. Go on Buzz them, nothing to loose...

Al94 10:48 07 Sep 06

There should be a reset swich on the base beside the connector, insert a pin and it will reset so you dont have to wait for it to run down.

mikef. 21:38 09 Sep 06

You say you have had it for some time, have you got the latest firmware as this is supposed to solve the problem

Kunzyte 21:49 21 May 09

My Zen just started doing the same thing. I'm tempted to reset it, but I'm afraid of losing all my files. Will the reset harm anything I already have on the drive?

100andthirty 08:33 25 May 09

Resetting a Zen leaves the files intact. However if you update the firmware it formats the Zen and you lose everythings. Make sure you have a bcak up before updating the firmware - if you decide to - and follow the instructions on the Creative website to the letter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…