copying colour photographs

Boy Zone 18:09 18 Dec 08

Hi
I want to copy some photograghs using my scanner, I then want to have them printed to try and achieve the best results.
I have a Canon MP610 scanner and intend to scan at the highest resolution. 8"*10".
Is it best to print them myself or take them to a professional printer.
What's the best format to take to have them copied?

Regards

Kevscar1 19:28 18 Dec 08

If you have a good quality photo printer then do them yourself.
I use epsons myself and can print A4 size as good as an professional printer for a fraction of the cost.

Covergirl 12:59 19 Dec 08

I too have a Canon MP610 and a few weeks ago I got some photos from a mate to do exactly that.

Photo size - 6x4 professionally printed originals from a cheap instamatic or disposable camera - I used 600dpi to scan them in, then saved them in jpeg about 50% compression / quality.

Then printed them onto Photo Glossy at standard setting and got a really good result on 6x4

You have 8x10 originals - I would suggest the same settings - you can't get more detail out than is already there and higher settings with less compression will create MASSIVE file sizes which your PC may not be able to cope with.

You have all the tools at your disposal (apart from the professional lab) so give it a go at some intermediate then high settings and see what kind of result you get.

Then take a few down to Jessops on CD and see what they can do for you.

Compare and contrast the differences at your leisure and make a decision as to the way you want to go.

All the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac