Copy From Hard Drive PVR to computor?

prince midas 11:44 28 Aug 06

I have a twin tuner PVR hard drive machine the Sony SVR-S500 which is complete with twin tuner & I find ideal to copy movies & music from the TV. It as no DVD pocket & I was wondering if it is possible to connect it to a computor or another DVD recorder to make a DVD recording of the odd film I wish to keep.I do not want to copy to a VCR.

It as a Scart TV In & a Scart Out socket only.
Is it possible to buy a scart output with a USB input which I could connect to my PC or is this not practical.

ArrGee 12:16 28 Aug 06

Use the Scart-out to connect directly to a DVD recorder. Alternatively, if your PC has an S-Video-in socket, you can go Scart (PVR) to S-Video on the PC, scan for a signal on the PC and record to your hard drive. From there you can burn to a DVD.

FelixTCat 12:18 28 Aug 06

prince midas,

I don't know about copying to a pc, but it is a doddle to copy the recordings to another DVD recorder. Just connect the SCART OUT of the PVR to the SCART IN of the DVD recorder, set the recorder to record and then press PLAY on the PVR.

Regards,

Felix

prince midas 12:23 28 Aug 06

Thanks guys. Before I borrow a DVD recorder to copy the odd film I will have a look at my PC to see if it as a SVideo conection.

ArrGee 12:29 28 Aug 06

It has to be an S-video IN, not OUT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…