converting 'mp3' to 'mid' for phone

Pererin 13:32 PM 03 Jan 09

Hi Guy, I have a Samsung G600 and want to change the message tones to something more identifiable to me. Unable to hear the original of the phone. Tried to download the tones from Zdge but will not work as a message tone. Found out why as Samsung message tones are 'mid' format and not mp3 or other. All other tones work fine. Is there a way of converting the mp3 or other sound into 'mid' so the that the phone will recognize the format. Hope you can help as this is a little annoying.

In answer to the question posted by lottied if you go to view and scroll down you will be able to assign a sound and picture to the phone contact and also the group. I have done it.

Demora 10:20 AM 04 Jan 09

Converting MP3 to MIODI is not easy and a hit and miss affair

There are converters out there on the internet but I never had any luck with them.

for some midi sounds for phones try click here

These can be downloaded to pc and bluetoothed to mobile.

Pererin 18:42 PM 05 Jan 09

Thanks Demora will give it a go and see what happens. Next time I buy a new phone I WILL check the customize button first.

ravindra106 04:45 AM 29 Jan 09

hey i also have'nt found anything that works.Plz tell us if you had solved this.

Demora 12:58 PM 29 Jan 09

You could try some of the listed programmes here click here

But as I understand Midi has only so many points of recognition, and MP3s are much more complex. Add to this a vocal track and the whole tune is awful.

zholy 03:27 AM 25 Feb 10

I've also used best Aneesoft Video Converter Pro, results were pretty good.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11