converting AVI to DVD

wonderwill 17:05 29 Aug 07

Not sure if I am in correct forum or not.

I have used successfully for some time WinAvi to convert AVI to DVD format and then burned to disc with Nero Express 6.

I have 3 AVI films which play perfectly but when they end up in DVD format, although the picture quality is great, there is no sound. Cannot understand why?

martd77 18:07 29 Aug 07

Have you by accident in the winavi advanced section unticked the audio under the dvd tab or under the encode tab have you changed the source audio stream to none?

Rubus 21:15 04 Sep 07

Hello Wonderwill.

I often find that AVI files I've "obtained" won't convert to DVD very well, or not at all.

I'm lucky in that I can use an S-video lead from my graphics card & connect it (along with an audio output) to my HDD recorder & then use that to burn to DVD.

Your other (cheaper) option would be to purchase a cheap Divx player (looks like a DVD player) & view the files that way :)

Baleno_E 07:06 06 Sep 07

Maybe you can try Any DVD Converter..... you can download the trial version from click here

anchor 14:08 06 Sep 07

Give DVD Flic a try. I have used it and it works fine; free too!.

click here

anchor 14:19 06 Sep 07

Another one to try; this had a personal recommendation on another thread:

click here

Shawn_K 10:29 21 Sep 07

This is a topic I've referred to on the this click here

Confab 15:09 21 Sep 07

Can't you just use Nero to conver the AVI and burn to DVD. Why do you need anything other than Nero?

sapphireking 05:20 14 Dec 07

You can Aimersoft DVD Creator, it can convert all popular video formats (AVI, MP4, MPG, MPEG, 3GP, WMV, ASF, RM, RMVB, DAT, MOV, FLV, etc) to DVD and burn DVD movie played on portable and home DVD players, that's very good for me, you can free download it from its official site:
click here

David4637 16:13 19 Dec 07

Aimersoft DVD Creator is not free. David

LimestoneRock 19:20 19 Dec 07

Where is wonderwill?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017