Convert .MOV files without quality loss

Postit 00:12 10 Sep 09

Hi,
my Panasonic Lumix TZ5 records video in .mov format which for a 10 min vid is working out at approx 1.6Gb. This is making it rather difficult to share with anyone online.
I've tried converting to some other formats with various programs but notice a significant quality loss.

Any suggestions on a program that can do it without much if any loss?

Thanks

anchor 09:25 10 Sep 09

Spam again from davisie.

Postit: I have a Lumix camera that records in mov format. "Super" converts it to avi, and Windows movie maker will edit an avi, and compress it to a wmv file which is very much smaller.

WMV`s can also be uploaded to YouTube for others to watch.

anchor 12:29 10 Sep 09

An afterthought: Any reduction in file size will inevitably lead to some reduction in quality.

The larger the reduction the more the quality will drop. It`s a trade off.

More compression=lower quality

Postit 23:05 10 Sep 09

So bottom line is - don't buy a camera that only records to .mov ?

I'm just going to download Super in a few mins to see how that gets on anyways. AVS was useless.

Postit 23:49 10 Sep 09

"Super" converted the 1.6G .MOV to 65MB .AVI in less than 5 mins (with my old AMD XP2400 processor (1.5G RAM) smoking for most of it). So fairly impressed with that.
Will have a play around with options - its not that intuitive, and see what sort of quality I can get with the other formats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…