contract v buying

sunnystaines 21:59 PM 14 May 12

in pcworld today got speaking with the phone assistant says in cheaper to buy a phone up front then go a sim contract than go on a no fee upfront and pay 24 higher payment.

showed a few examples with some big savings over 24 months of £60-£100.

wondered how many others go this route, had prev thought buying was just for PAYGO option.

still pondering

wiz-king 08:33 AM 19 May 12

I bought my latest phone - £29 - and have it on PAYG, it has cost me £8 in calls in the last year! I let people call me.

manoj9585 12:19 PM 23 Jun 12

Yes i agree with your statement. In market you will see that,if you buy iPhone or other android phones they will contract with you.

Woolwell 15:14 PM 24 Jun 12

I'm not sure that the statement is entirely correct. I'm interested in the Samsung Galaxy S3. If I but it it will cost just under £500 which over 2 years works out at about £20 per month then I have to add a sim contract which works out at about £25 per month. I can get a free upgrade and a contract for £36 per month (not now unfortunately but in a few months time) and that works out at about £10 per month saving.

sunnystaines 19:18 PM 24 Jun 12

woolwell i am totally lost now, the man in the store went through the figs twice with me and i saw the savings, now looked at your reply and see your right, somehow i think i have been conned by pcworld not sure how. anyway still not upgraded the free 100 day early upgrade if on a 3 contract is not what it seems either another play with figs to confuse got to wait till 7th aug now.

aiato 03:21 AM 26 Jun 12

I personally don't like buying things on contracts. I try to earn money and then pay for anything I want. these all debt things will someday come and bite us.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…