Connecting TV, VCR, DVDR & SKY

bagitha 15:53 31 Oct 07

I'm trying to connect the following, so that I can record on both VCR and DVD Recorder.

Goodmans LCD TV - 2 SCARTS
Hitachi VCR - 2 SCARTS
LG DVDR - 2 SCART
SKY BOX - 2 SCARTS

There are also many aerial connections and audio jack connections.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

pchelper001 19:37 03 Nov 07

we had this problem of trying to record sky on both video and dvd. you can get a scart switch box which will have one input and two outputs. i find if i connect this to the back of the sky box it will work.

the main aerial of your house (not sky aerial) should go into your dvd recorder, and then the output of that should go into sky box, then into vcr, then into tv. sorry it may be a bit confusing, post back if you need more help

pchelper001 20:16 03 Nov 07

sorry, i should have put a link up for you

click here

here is a switch box

BT 08:45 05 Nov 07

I've had one of these for ages and its good.
I have a Cable box and Freeview box connected via it to my Akai VCR/DVD recorder and I can record from either while watching the other, or record the one I'm watching. Its pretty versatile.
Shop around though, they have an identical one in Tesco cheaper
click here
Even better if you local Tesco sells them as no postage.

bagitha 10:07 05 Nov 07

Thank you so much for your helpful reponses. It's so annoying that none of the manufacturers think of including a little leaflet with a simple wiring diagram in the box.
Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…