Connecting sound bar to a tv without arc hdmi and optical

aduih 17:27 17 Mar 15

hi there, sorry for the lame question, hope u guys can help me..

my tv is SONY KLV-40EX430 ,2013 model, it comes without optical port and only come with 2 hdmi port, which port 1 has MHL features..

my sound bar is SONY HT-CT370...it has four hdmi port..1 arc hdmi output and 3 hdmi input, 1 optical port and 1 universal jack.

i also have one taiwan made blueray player (so i could play all my pirated blueray)

and lastly i have somethg similar is sky-tv box, in my country we call it astro.

Currently my blueray player and my astro is connected to the tv via hdmi port, and for your knowledge when i turn up the volume for my astro(similar sky-box) the volume of my tv channel goes up, i think you guys call it CEC or somethg..

Now for the real question, can i connect my blueray player and astro to the soundbar hdmi input port and then connect my sound bar to the tv? Will the tv communicate with the sound bar? i mean when u turn up the tv volume, will the sound bar volume went up as well? or does the tv go mute and i must use different remote for the volume? will this setup work generally? it must be a stupid question but i hope u guys can help, since i can save few dollar for a new hdmi cable, if the things doest work...thanks in advance....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5