connecting pc to tv, again

1smurff 15:06 PM 05 Feb 13

hi, Ive recently upgraded from one samsung tv to another.Connecting my original tv to pc via hdmi was relativly simple.However this one is so befuddling. Has anyone connected a series five samsung to a pc. The e-manual on the tv has so many ifs and buts I do'nt know whether I'm doing right from wrong. So far I've got the sound coming through. I've only got a blank screensaver on tv, Ican move the mouse pointer from monitor to tv , as well as a shortcut, I can click on the shortcut but it will only open on the pc monitor, so frustrating trying to 'configure ' tv and pc. I have googled and viewed different forums but unable to understand or lacking expertise in this solution, if there is one. Please please can anyone guide me through on a step by step basis as how to solve this. thanking you so much , Smurff

1smurff 19:39 PM 05 Feb 13

yabadabadoo !!!!found the solution to the blank screensaver, control panel, adjust screen resolution , and instead of having the multiple displays section reading ' extend these displays ' I changed it to duplicate these displays and hey presto it all works. Simple when you know how. A lot of angst beforehand though. problem solved , hope it helps others with the same difficulties

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know