Connecting a DVD player to a skybox

Nuneatonian 01:42 09 Aug 06

Hi there
I am having trouble connecting a DVD player to my skybox. My TV has only 1 scart. I tried connecting the Player with the VCR scart (on the Skybox, but it seems to not want to know. When I turn off the Skybox and I have turned on the player nothing is on screen. I have bought new scart cables just in case, still makes no difference.
Any one help please? Please note the jargon RF etc is all confusing to me!!!

Thankyou

BRYNIT 09:11 09 Aug 06

Have you checked that the DVD player works when connected directly to the TV.

Have you also tried manually switching the TV to the AV channel.

DieSse 11:26 09 Aug 06

*When I turn off the Skybox and I have turned on the player nothing is on screen.*

How about if you don't turn off the Sky box?

In fact the VCR socket on Sky boxes are for both recording and replaying - that's why a video with only a SCART connection to a Sky box can play back through it - and the pictures end up on the screen!

However, for the playback to work, the SCART input on the Sky box must be fed from a SCART on the DVD player, otherwise there won't be a signal to tell the Sky box there's a player attached.

Añl that said - a SCART switch will also work fine.

fazer 13:28 09 Aug 06

May I suggest that you stick to the SCART-switch option; you get best quality when the DVD is connected directly to the television and not through any other machinary.

Nuneatonian 16:31 09 Aug 06

Hi all
Thanks for the advice, I will try all the suggestions and let you know what happens

Regards
Nuneatonian

Nuneatonian 19:12 11 Aug 06

Hi all
I have now got my DVD connected to my sky box, and it was by scart to scart, so I don't know what went wrong before
Thank you for your help.
Regards
Nuneatonian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…