connecting dvd to integrated tv

jords 20:05 02 Dec 07

Im having trouble getting my dvd player to record the digital channels from my tv. The dvd player is a sony RDR-HX510 and my freeview is integrated into the tv.
At the moment i have it set up with the aerial going through dvd player onto the tv and dvd player connected by scart to the tv using the smartlink connection. I presume the reason i cant record digital is because the signal isnt decoded by the tv until after its been through the dvd player.
The dvd player has another scart socket labeled line 3 decoder can i just connect another scart lead from this to the tv to bring the decoded signal back to the dvd recorder or will this not work.
Thanks hope you can understand all that.

postie24 17:10 03 Dec 07

Go in to the TV menu on your tv remote,and look for av presets.Set one of the scarts on your tv to output the signal.Then run a scart lead from that SCART output to your dvd recorder,you will then be able to record form the tv,s digital tuner.

100andthirty 17:40 03 Dec 07

Or....... invest between £20 and £30 on a freeview box dedicated to the recorder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced