Confused with TV Help ??

tobyhunter 06:26 AM 10 Jul 12

When I went out to buy a TV, I got confused with LCD, LED, 3D, and Smart. Please help me.

manoj9585 10:34 AM 12 Jul 12

In these era 3D or smart TV is huge everywhere so you should choose one of them.

dms_05 10:58 AM 12 Jul 12

LCD and LED use the same technology, the difference is the way the picture is illuminated. Old fashioned tube TV's glowed and you viewed the picture. LCD TV's produce a picture that needs a backlight to make it viewable. A standard LCD TV has fluorescent strip lights around the screen to illuminate the picture whereas LED TV's use LED's to illuminate the picture but it's the same type of picture as LCD.

3D TV's allow you to view standard and 3D sources, the latter needs special viewing glasses (obviously one pair per person viewing).

SMART TV's connect to a Network and thus the Internet and allow you to access many different sources of Content such as the BBC iPlayer. Each TV is different so you need to check just what is available from each one. They also allow you to network your TV with a media server which may be your own PC.

I would be surprised if a 3D TV wasn't also a SMART TV.

Matt Egan 11:38 AM 12 Jul 12
  redturtleneck 08:46 AM 13 Jul 12

There are two categories in 3D TV too, which is active and passive. Passive is known for better in terms of viewing experience and better glasses but it's really up to you. but I always tell people not to get active ones, your eye will in pain so much. Most of the 3Ds use active tech now but LG and vizio uses Passive. Hope it helped.

Kevinbrown 05:17 AM 16 Jul 12

LCDs are the old story, at present if you want to enjoy the picture quality in 3D with the latest applications, you should go for a TV that has LED backlight with 3D and smart applications. One of the TVs that I would recommend that has this TV is LG’s cinema 3D smart TV.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…