combo problem with setting up

superchip 17:47 16 Jun 07

i am having trouble setting up a samssung dvd vcr combo when i do a progressive search it only picks up 3 channels including bbc 1 2 and itv 1 the tv is tuned to channel 60 and gets very good reception on all channels but it cannot transfer to the combo any suggestions please.

User-178362 22:35 12 Feb 08

I cannot get BBC1. Thought I would bring this subject up as I am also interested.

anskyber 19:22 13 Feb 08

How is the combo connected, is the TV aerial connected to the combo and more importantly is your TV a freeview set with built in tuner or can you only get the 5 analogue channels?

Sorry, a few questions there for you.

PS can you give the model of the Samsung?

User-178362 20:12 14 Feb 08

Thank you for getting back I hope I am not hijacking this persons thread. I will be able to answer your questions after Monday 18 Feb as it is not my TV. I will be visiting the person in question who's TV it is. She does have a Panasonic dig converter box modal TU-CT20. If I am in the wrong for using this thread please tell me.

anskyber 21:15 14 Feb 08

Given that superchip posted in June 2007 I think we can both be forgiven ( subject to FE's approval) for the diversion.

anskyber 21:17 14 Feb 08

As a starter, ask her to retune the box.

Secondly ask her what her Ch 5 reception is like on analogue TV.

User-178362 23:19 15 Feb 08

Do you mean the freeview box or the Vidieo / DVD box?

anskyber 15:09 16 Feb 08

The digibox.

User-178362 01:44 19 Feb 08

Samsung VCR&DVD Player. DVD-VS600 model. I have re tuned everything in. First I was doing an Auto re tune, it still wouldn't give me all 5 Chanel's, I tried nearly all night trying to manually tune in Chanel 1, I gave up and went back to auto tune, this time I had Chanel 1 but not 5, I thought maybe next time I might get all five Chanel's. I did another auto re tune and I did get all 5;-). I couldn't get VCR Chanel which I had on "0". This is for the next time I go. I guess I will have to keep retuning until all 5 plus the VCR works. It had been re tuned more than once before but I myself kept at it until it worked. If any one has this model when it records it doesn't say which Chanel it is recording on. Am I going wrong somewhere or is this the way it works? Thank you for your help and advice anskyber.

User-178362 01:50 19 Feb 08

One more thing I have thought of. I said to switch of the digbox when wanting to record and use the hand set that came with the TV and the handset that came with Samsung DVD Video player, was I right in saying this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced