Combined standalone Blu Ray player and external PC CD RW Drive

jvc2012 15:02 PM 14 May 12

My laptop internal optical CD drive has packed-up and I was wondering if there is such a thing as standalone Blu Ray Player that can double as an external CD RW drive.

I want to be able to connect the Blu Ray player (part) to my Optoma DV10 MovieTime projector (it has a built in DVD player but not Blu Ray) via the HDMI input socket. We don't have anything to play Blu Ray at the moment.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 PM 14 May 12

Anything here?

jvc2012 15:51 PM 14 May 12

Fruit Bat, Thanks for the link. There are a lot of good sounding blu ray players there but lacking the dual functionality. However, it gave me a new buzz word to add to my search which has yielded possibilities - its the word Combo!

e.g. The LiteOn External Blu-ray Disc Combo is an easy way to add Blu-ray playback to your computer. ... Setup was easy – all we had to do was connect the drive to two USB ports ... with HDMI out, it makes an excellent portable Blu-ray player that can be connected quickly to a HD TV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know