citrws

Citrws 20:45 25 Apr 07

I have a Samsung LE32R7 and a Samsung DVD R130. I can record Freeview channels provided I am watching the same program. When I use the timer system I can only record channels 1 - 5 terestial programs. Can any one inform me how to record the freeview channels using the timer system. I am not interested in watching any channel as the recordings are being done when I am on holiday or out shopping or playing golf.

rodriguez 22:44 25 Apr 07

Usually Freeview records from one of the AV channels on your recorder. If this is a TV with built in Freeview, there should be a second Scart lead going from it into one of the AV inputs in the DVD recorder (usually AV2). Then you just set the timer to record from the AV channel that Freeview uses.

Citrws 20:56 26 Apr 07

Many thanks rodriguez, will try this out tonight and let you know if this works.

Citrws 20:30 28 Apr 07

Tried out your suggestion and found that I can only record the freeview programmes provided the television is left running. This is exactly my original situation. If I am away for a couple of days, I do not want to have to leave the TV running every day for 24 hours. I am beginning to think built in freeview has more disadvantages than advantages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…