Choosing an 'value' Android smartphone

spuds 11:25 AM 27 Feb 13
Answered

Not an help question, more as a curiosity consumer one!.

Recently I have witnessed many 'Android Smartphones' being advertised from £99.99 to £49.99 delivered free. And these 'bargains' are usually snapped up very swiftly. They are usually advertised with all sorts of wonderful and worthwhile things, which I assume are very essential to the 'must haves' and possibly not for those that know better?.

So as a consumer question: What would you buy for a beginner or possibly future proof (?), without getting to technical at the prices (£99.99 now £49.99) being suggested?.

Forum Editor 11:48 AM 27 Feb 13

This is really a question for our Mobile Phone Help forum, so I'll move it across (from tech Consumer Advice) now.

Woolwell 12:24 PM 28 Feb 13
Answer

The first question is what do you want to use a phone for. If it is for making phone call, sending text messages, taking photos and sending photo messages then a very basic phone will suffice but the camera may be better on the more expensive phone. If you want to browse the internet, receive e-mails, use facebook, using maps with GPS, use other apps then a better featured phone will be required.

I don't think that any are "future proof".

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…