Choosing an 'value' Android smartphone

spuds 27 Feb 13
Answered

Not an help question, more as a curiosity consumer one!.

Recently I have witnessed many 'Android Smartphones' being advertised from £99.99 to £49.99 delivered free. And these 'bargains' are usually snapped up very swiftly. They are usually advertised with all sorts of wonderful and worthwhile things, which I assume are very essential to the 'must haves' and possibly not for those that know better?.

So as a consumer question: What would you buy for a beginner or possibly future proof (?), without getting to technical at the prices (£99.99 now £49.99) being suggested?.

Forum Editor 27 Feb 13

This is really a question for our Mobile Phone Help forum, so I'll move it across (from tech Consumer Advice) now.

Woolwell 28 Feb 13
Answer

The first question is what do you want to use a phone for. If it is for making phone call, sending text messages, taking photos and sending photo messages then a very basic phone will suffice but the camera may be better on the more expensive phone. If you want to browse the internet, receive e-mails, use facebook, using maps with GPS, use other apps then a better featured phone will be required.

I don't think that any are "future proof".

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message