cheapest 3-way calling? (UK & Int) Skype VOIP-PSTN

Danoh 13:18 09 Mar 06

I can call UK numbers for free after a connection charge of a few pence, which beats SkypeOut charges even if the recipient happens to be registered with Skype.

Many of my international contacts use Skype so I can VOIP-call them for free.

I have finally found a new device which enables me to;
> Call an international # via Skype & place that free-call on hold
> Call a UK PSTN # for a nominal connection charge only
> & link everyone up with me in a free 3-way call (no £1.50 p.m. service charge)

In addition, it enables me to use my DECT phones to speak away from the PC (which needs to be on for Skype).
It does not tie up my normal PSTN line should I be on a VOIP call at the same time (I can conference an incoming call into the current one, if I wish to as well!).

I'm so pleased that I thought I'd share this with other fellow gadget-fiends :-)

D-Link DPH-50U (c £ 40)
click here

The only downside is the lack of retail stocks; UK pricing only done in March'06, product announced at CES Jan'06 (Les Vegas). D-Link UK are waiting for stock themselves (3 - 4 wks time as a best guess).

The ideal scenario would be a similiar capability which does not require a PC to be switched on (my BB wireless router can be left on), but until Skype connectivity is moved onto hardware rather then PC-s/w-bound, I shall probably have to wait for that.

The Gizmo project & SIPphone simply do not have enough people signed up onto their directories compared to Skype now. Although there are (more expensive) devices that support these non-proprietary standards available now.

£ 40 and I don't have to buy a Skype cordless with my existing DECT phones.

Can anyone suggest another combination which can beat this for 3-way calling as well as gaining cordless VOIP capability?

Danoh 10:40 20 Mar 06

I guess there isn't another combination known ~ small change if you don't do many 3-way calls too! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5