Charging-up Multi Media Devices

mcheathen 03:36 AM 15 Jan 11

I hate these multi media devices such as mp3 players etc which don't allow you to replace the batteries, but make them in such a way that they have to be powered up by charging them. This is because they never tell you long long to leave the device on the charger.

I just got one of the Gizmos UK's 8GB 7" Ebook Reader Video Music player MP3 MP5. The user manual says that for the first there re-chargings to leave the device on the charger for another 3 or 4 hours, but doesn't tell me how long it will take for the initial charge. There is an battery indicator on the device's screen, but it must be switched on for you to see it. PLus the fact you would have to stare at the screen until it actually charged up.

Is there some kind of standard time period for these items to take untill they are fully charged?

uk-wizard 07:42 AM 17 Jan 11

On my Sony E-book reader the redlight comes on while it is charging, when it is charged the light goes out. I plug it in and look at it in a few hours or overnight. Likewise my phone, when the red light goes out it's charged.

Terry Brown 13:35 PM 19 Jan 11

For any device, the recommendation is usually overnight (12 hours) for the inital charge.

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites