Channel gone at critical moment, Grrrrrr/

jack 09:16 28 Nov 09

I have been watching the Birth of a Chopper on Quest all week, last night tuned in - 'Channel not tuned'
Retunedt he set and rattled all the connectors - CH38 did not figure at all - although SKY3 and Dave came back after a long absence. A further retune made no difference.

This morning switched on BBC1 News and during sport did a scan- and there was CH38 Quest as large as life running Teleshopping with a Life Country and Western promo.
Grrrr
What happened to last night.?
I guess the possibility it will repeat some time soon is a consolation.

Arnie 16:12 28 Nov 09

I watched ‘Birth of a Chopper’ on Quest (ch 38) last night from the Sandy Heath transmitter.
No problems at all with my reception.
Mark was installing the instrument panel and computer systems.

I have also seen ‘Birth of a car’ and ‘Birth of a plane’ also with Mark Evans the vet.
He puts over the material in a very enjoyable way.

As you suggested, the programme will be repeated no doubt.

jack 10:09 29 Nov 09

I am sure he has a future on the main channels- quite a personality
Does he appear elsewhere in another guise?
You mentioned that he is in fact a Vet
is that so?

Arnie 00:43 30 Nov 09

"You mentioned that he is in fact a Vet
is that so?"

Yes, straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

When he was building a Cobra kit car in his first series, he mentioned he was a vet.

He said he was worried about the car bottoming on some of the rough farming ground that he might encounter in his job as a vet.

I haven't seen him in any other programmes, but he is a real natural as a presenter.

If I remember, he also mentioned as a young lad he helped in his father's garage.

Arnie 00:50 30 Nov 09

Mark has a website.

click here

jack 10:36 30 Nov 09

What a wizard guy!
Mind you as I clicked on Marks website - up came the Homepage followed by BSD- I haven't had one of those in a while,nothing to do with ME I am sure.
Thanx once more

Arnie 16:37 30 Nov 09

I have never seen one of those on my XP Home OS.

My Desktop has needed the icons readjusting a couple of times after a Microsoft security download.
it's probably just a software glitch.

BTW, when you say ME I hope you are referring to your good self and not MS's Millennium Edition OS. What a load of junk that was!

Yes, Mark is certainly a clever lad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…