Changing phone network

Si_L 00:44 30 Jul 07

The 12 month contract on my e900 has expired, and I want to use the phone on Orange PAYG. It was previously on Virgin.

The phone was unlocked when I bought it, but I have just put in an Orange SIM card and it won't make calls or send texts. There is no signal on the phone. I have rang the free top-up number, but it doesn't work.

Any ideas as to why?

PP321 07:46 30 Jul 07

are you sure the phone was unlocked?

It would be better to take it to a phone shop, play dumb and say "can you tell me if this is unlocked or not" , but its not to see if its unlocked, its to see if its barred , which it undoubtedly is if you cant make calls, in which case virgin have barred it, phone them to find out why.

Si_L 09:22 30 Jul 07

Ok good thinking PP321, I will give Virgin a ring to ask if they lock/barr their contract phones.

^wave^ 08:15 01 Aug 07

a few years back i had a tmobile phone which was locked, all i wanted to do was use it on pay as u go. i was told i either had to get it unlocked or it would work with virgin, strange, i payed and got it unlocked. point of this is i ithink u will find your phone is locked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…