car phone text messages

cream. 18:34 13 Oct 14

I have a Peugeot 3008 with bluetooth. It syncs well with my phone for voice calls, directory, etc, but when a text message comes to the windows 8.1 phone. I get a message over the system to read message or ignore. No matter what I say it will not read or speak the message.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

cream. 20:44 13 Oct 14

The audio system is Peugeot Connect Bluetooth & radio CD MP3.

The phone is a Nokia lumia 520 running 8.1.

The audio system shows and announces. Caller ID, unknown phone number, listed number from phone book.

Second Line Call. Phonebook Access (SIM or phone). Touch Tone handling. Conference Call Call lists. Private Mode (mute car audio). Bluetooth Audio Streaming.

All this works extremely well from the steering wheel controls.

cream. 22:24 13 Oct 14

So the car's bluetooth audio system supports all modes of my phone, calls, directories, music and even alerts me to text messages but is not compatible. It also has the same problem with my wife's' Iphone 5s.

I did check with dealer, as the car is just 4 months old and they said both phones, apple and windows were compatible.

cream. 10:24 14 Oct 14

Yes I have clicked the links. I clicked on the links from your first posting, how do you think I* posted the correct stereo unit head?

So if the phone is not compatible with the head unit. How does it receive and send calls. Tell me, via voice command, who is calling, tell me by voice command who I am calling. Tell me by voice command who has sent me a text message and tell me by voice command if I want it to read out he message or ignore?

It does everything except speak out or read text messages.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…