capturing old VHS to PC

Salamander7 17:32 PM 19 Jan 13

I have purchased an Easy Cap Video capture device which was bundled with Ulead Video Studio 8. I was hoping to convert old home movies from VHS tape to DVD. The problem is that when I capture the video footage it is unrecognizable: the images is just large blocky blobs of colour and the sound is muffled and distorted. Are there settings I need to ajust to make things work properly? Or is my device just a heap of junk? The instructions for the Ulead software are worse than useless.

I am using a PC with Win XP a Pentium III processor and 2gB of ram.

Can anyone help@

Salamander7 01:01 AM 20 Jan 13

Clearly I have bought a pile of rubbish which needs to binned. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

Can anyone recommend a USB video capture device suitable for transferring VHS to PC so it can then be burned to DVD? I dont care about HD or uploading game footage I just want a reliable piece of kit so I can save my home movies before the VHS tape rots.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X