capturing old VHS to PC

Salamander7 17:32 PM 19 Jan 13

I have purchased an Easy Cap Video capture device which was bundled with Ulead Video Studio 8. I was hoping to convert old home movies from VHS tape to DVD. The problem is that when I capture the video footage it is unrecognizable: the images is just large blocky blobs of colour and the sound is muffled and distorted. Are there settings I need to ajust to make things work properly? Or is my device just a heap of junk? The instructions for the Ulead software are worse than useless.

I am using a PC with Win XP a Pentium III processor and 2gB of ram.

Can anyone help@

Salamander7 01:01 AM 20 Jan 13

Clearly I have bought a pile of rubbish which needs to binned. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

Can anyone recommend a USB video capture device suitable for transferring VHS to PC so it can then be burned to DVD? I dont care about HD or uploading game footage I just want a reliable piece of kit so I can save my home movies before the VHS tape rots.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know