capturing old VHS to PC

Salamander7 19 Jan 13

I have purchased an Easy Cap Video capture device which was bundled with Ulead Video Studio 8. I was hoping to convert old home movies from VHS tape to DVD. The problem is that when I capture the video footage it is unrecognizable: the images is just large blocky blobs of colour and the sound is muffled and distorted. Are there settings I need to ajust to make things work properly? Or is my device just a heap of junk? The instructions for the Ulead software are worse than useless.

I am using a PC with Win XP a Pentium III processor and 2gB of ram.

Can anyone help@

Salamander7 20 Jan 13

Clearly I have bought a pile of rubbish which needs to binned. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

Can anyone recommend a USB video capture device suitable for transferring VHS to PC so it can then be burned to DVD? I dont care about HD or uploading game footage I just want a reliable piece of kit so I can save my home movies before the VHS tape rots.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message