Capture Video From Youtube

tammer 12:59 29 Nov 08

Hi,

Does anyone know what software to use to capture a video from Youtube or a similar video clip site?

They can be useful for including in presentations and the like so I wondered how people have managed it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stuartli 17:23 29 Nov 08

Save2PC works well for YouTube. See:

click here

Many other sites offer it as well.

Create a folder as the target for the videos and Save2PC will save them in alphabetical order.

I use it virtually every day.

Bapou 22:51 29 Nov 08

Another is YouTube Downloader, click here

It also allows you to convert downloaded videos for Ipod, Iphone, PSP, Cell Phone, Windows Media, XVid and MP3

tammer 14:07 30 Nov 08

Thanks guys.

tammer 17:37 30 Nov 08

Hi,

I've tried Save2PC lite and I can't download the following video (er, excuse it being a little crude):

click here

I get a http:1.1 302 Moved Temporarily Error.

Do you know why that is?

Stuartli 21:29 30 Nov 08

Works for me.

See:

click here

PalaeoBill 23:51 30 Nov 08

The file should be in your "Temporary Internet Files" folder once you have played the video on YouTube.

You will have to go to Tools>Folder Options>View and uncheck the box that says "Hide Protected Operating System Files", if you want to be able to see the Temporary Internet Files folder.

Then go to:
My Computer>Documents and Settings>%your user name%>Local Settings>Temporary Internet File

The files are usually in the flv format, i.e. they have a ".flv" extension.

keanudj 09:31 03 Dec 08

I use an app called mp3videoraptor,works also for downloading from youtube besides other functions.
see [url=click here]here[/url]

FatboySlim71 10:19 03 Dec 08

I use this and it captures and allows me to save any video I have came across. You do need to use Firefox though.

click here

Stuartli 10:31 03 Dec 08

I pointed out earlier that if you create a folder specifically to house downloaded YouTube videos, Save2PC will store them in alphabetical order.

Much easier than messing around with temporary files if you wish to retain such videos.

dasli 11:50 04 Sep 09

I heard about Macvide ScreenCap
this is prog for capturing video
may be help anyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5