Can't connect N6820 to PC

Chris the Ancient 11 Sep 08

Got myself a 2nd-hand Nokia 6820. The blurb says that I can connect it to a pc.

So, I get a CA-42 Adapter cable and download PCSuite from Nokia.

I have tried all sorts of things to make it work. I've followed the wizard. But each time I get to the 'Connect the phone to the PC' - which I do, it just sits there and does nothing. No connection! I have tried connecting via a usb hub - and in desperation direct into a port on my PC. But still no joy. And having tried following the Help (?) provided, I cannot seem to find a way to make it connect.

Looking at the 'Connectivity' menu on the phone, I have: Bluetooth; Infrared and GPRS.

What am I missing/doing wrong?

CtA

MCE2K5 19 Sep 08

Have you installed the Nokia CA-42 Cable Driver for Windows click here 4th Download down.

Nokia_QG_PC_Suite_58_en.pdf click here
4. INSTALLING NOKIA PC SUITE
4.1 BEFORE INSTALLATION

Chris the Ancient 19 Sep 08

Had a complete retry using your ideas and Nokia guidelines - and still no joy. It seems that the phone just doesn't want to know!

As it is not an essential need for me, I might hunt around for a bluetooth dongle for my pc - coz I do at least know that the bluetooth connection works. It's on in the car all day!

Thanks for the try.

CtA

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message