Can't add email addresses to contacts Samsung Galaxy Mini 3 S6500

Florio 13:45 PM 02 Jan 13

Hi, When I open my list of contacts, I don't have the possibility of adding email addresses (only name and phone number). I've checked settings etc. but can see no option for enabling or disabling the inclusione of emails. Has anyone come across this problem before, or does someone know how to solve it? I'm almost thinking of doing a factory reset. If I decide to go ahead with it, can/should I remove the SIM beforehand?

Fantome29 11:19 AM 17 Jan 13

I had a similar problem with my Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570. I found the problem was that my contacts weren't saved on my phone, they were saved on my SIM card. If you save them to your phone, then when you go into them it then gives you the option of adding additional fields such as extra numbers, e-mail & physical addresses, birthdays etc.

Try going into your contacts, and from the options choose 'Import/Export' and then 'Import from SIM card'... you will probably have some double-ups which you'll need to delete, but you should then be able to edit your contacts and enter more information under each one. You can see a SIM card symbol next to any contacts which aren't saved to your phone.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites