canon printer

chass 11:06 AM 28 Dec 10

HI,Canon PIXMA mp130/110. printer stopped working last night and in the window came up "waste ink absorber almost full". Have not got a manual and can't print one off (printer not working) help please thanks Chass

onthelimit 11:09 AM 28 Dec 10
  john bunyan 17:09 PM 28 Dec 10

I had a MP760 with this problem after 3.5 years. I followed the onthelimit route,; warning stopped but in the end a load of black ink seeped out on to my wooden desktop. I had a quote of £120 to change the pads (Labour I guess as the pads are cheap) It was only a little dearer to buy a new machine. If you Google and follow up , there are those who claim to have been able to get the pads out and washed in running water. I wish the designer had put in an external waste in tank or made it easier, but I guess this is built in obsolescence.

chub_tor 20:50 PM 28 Dec 10

Instructions for removing, cleaning and re-setting the ink pads click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…