Canon Pixma iP4300

renard 00:34 22 Nov 07

I have been advised to buy one of these printers.

However, my local PC World has only the display model in stock. They tell me that they will be getting no more of them.

Please does anyone know if the iP4300 is being discontinued? If so, what is replacing it?

Two more questions, please:

1) Will it print photos straight away? Or would I need to buy a separate cartridge or anything else to print photos?

2) I want to print onto printable CDs. Does the ink in this machine need spraying (“fixing”) after printing, or does it dry OK on the CD?

Many thanks in advance of any advice for this Newbie!

hssutton 01:21 22 Nov 07

I've just installed it's big brother the MP610. The quality of printing scanning is excellent, Have not seen any mention of having to "fix" after printing, but then again I never print DVDs/CDs.

I bought my printer from Amazon, have just checked and they have the iP 4300 in stock @ £53.79. express delivery cost me £7.65. Arrived whitin 48 hours.

click here

Pine Man 08:55 22 Nov 07

The ink does not need fixing and dries very quickly indeed on CDs.

100andthirty 19:05 22 Nov 07

it's being replaced by the iP4500. if you can get the 4300 for £53, that's a bargain

renard 22:05 22 Nov 07

Many thanks to all for your valuable advice.

Having compared the specs, I have decided that for my needs the 4500 does not justify the extra cost.

So, I have just reserved the 4300 online for collection from my local Argos for £59.96. Pick up tomorrow!

Thanks again for helping me in my choice.

renard 23:21 22 Nov 07

I've changed my mind since sending my last post!

Have just noticed that Amazon have the 4500 for £63 with free delivery. So it's just a few pounds more for the latest model.

Will cancel Argos and go for the Amazon offer - I don't mind waiting a few days for delivery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…