Canon MP810/Photoshop cs

fazer 14:16 05 Mar 07

Not quite sure whether this question is appropriate in this forum but here goes ....

Have just bought a Canon Pixma MP810 (multifunctional printer) and am having real difficulty matching it to Photoshop CS - my images have a very discernable yellow tinge. Have already gone through a box of paper trying out all the IC profiles - all to no avail. Has anyone out there had a similar experience with this particular machine?

hssutton 16:23 05 Mar 07

In your printer setup have you selected "Photoshop Manages Colour" This is my preferred method. controlling

fazer 17:00 05 Mar 07

Thanks for the response. Yes it is set-up as you suggest.

Since my posting I've been searching the Canon site (for hours) to try and get my issue resolved - to no avail; there is just no mention of why the printer is not recognising the Adobe profile.

hssutton 17:11 05 Mar 07

Sorry then I can't help as I use HP printer

fazer 17:14 05 Mar 07

Thanks anyway.

David4637 19:51 05 Mar 07

I was always told to let the printer do colour management rather than let PS. Have you tried making a test print ( say a box for each 1"x 1.5" of the basic colours Red Blue Green Yellow etc to see if they are printed as you expect. You could have a partially blocked print head etc, have you done a nozzle check? David

fazer 11:48 06 Mar 07

David4637

I've printed loads of test prints but just can't get the colours right. I've decided to contact Canon direct because the enclosed documentation is very basic and there is no mention of which ICC profiles to use - and there are several on the CD.

Thanks for the responses.

David4637 15:56 08 Mar 07

Did you do a nozzle check, that will confirm if ALL the matrix boxes are complete, and therefore the print head is OK and NOT partially blocked.
Had some of these probs myself, hence the above words. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…