cannot stretch desk top to fill screen

kimosabi 13:15 14 Jun 06

Hi Guys
I cant stretch my desk top to fill the screen the monitor is a packard bell 15" I can adjust the screen up and down but can't stretch it sideways I have two
black band each side I don't know if I am explaining my problem clearly but if you can understand what I
mean any help would be appricated I am running win 98se and a hercules graphic card
regard
kimo

wee eddie 14:52 14 Jun 06

The Monitor Settings in the Control Panel - Display

DieSse 00:51 15 Jun 06

With some elderly CRT monitors it just ain't possible on the actual monitor controls.

But - sometimes adjusting the refresh rate will give a picture of different dimensions, of which some rates may be able to fill the whole screen. Unfortuately with these elderly monitors, they can't accept high refresh rates - you may be limited to 72Hz or 75Hz only.

If it's a modern monitor, it might simply be faulty.

PUNKA 08:04 15 Jun 06

Had the same problem this year,after consulting the forum and trying various methods,had to admit defeat, and so purchased me a stonkong 17" LG which is absolutely spot on !!

PUNKA 08:05 15 Jun 06

Stonkong ?? sorry meant to type Stonking.

kimosabi 10:15 16 Jun 06

Thanks guys

Tried all the your tips with no avails everything is fine on my 19" flatscreen so I will get a new monitor Thanks as allways for your help
kind regards to you all
kimo

wee eddie 15:12 16 Jun 06

Does the Monitor have any physical buttons or nobs on it?

What you have described should be fairly easily adjusted if you can find the controls.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…